Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Female Role Models...

The whole concept of this blog had two catalysts.
  1. A friend wrote about her opinions on women's dress. And it made me wonder why Christian women always have to be so self-conscious about our clothing. So slaved to fashion (whether it's secular fashion or "Christian" fashion). I want to explore this concept a bit more... later.
  2. Another friend asked me who my female role models, or heroines were... I didn't really have an answer at the time... but it got me thinking... why didn't I have more women that I respected and looked to for personal growth and guidance?
Turns out... I do have female role models, I just didn't think about them overtly. I want to spend some time on this blog talking about women who are worth admiring. Here are some of mine:
  • Biblical: Esther. But you knew I was going to say that. She was beautiful, strong, daring, godly, prayerful, bold, and must have been a good wife. I think she probably became a good mother too.
  • Fictional: Anne of Green Gables. She's pert, audacious, daring, smart, well-read, assertive, a bit blundering at times, and a hopeless romantic.
  • Real-life/Current: My mother. I know, how cliche. But it's true. While my mother and I are different in many ways, I really look up to her character. She is kind, prayerful, godly, energetic, crafty, outdoorsy, and loving.
Do you have strong female role models? Share them and tell me why! I love meeting new women to admire!

No comments:

Post a Comment